ECONecta - Mentoring program for women economists
What is it?
How did it happen?
What is it for?
The mentoring program seeks to:
- Ensure talented young people outside top Economics Schools in Brazil have access to Economists at later stages of their career;
- Increase the access of talented young people to internship or job opportunities, research assistant positions, scholarships, exchange programs, etc;
- Support these young people in their career choices (job opportunities, research, etc.);
- Guide these young people to overcome challenges throughout their careers; and
- Assist these young people in preparing pitches, resumes, application forms, job interviews, research projects, entrepreneurial ideas, etc.
Who can be mentored?
In the early stage, ECONecta will focus on supporting women exclusively. There is no age restriction, and they can be undergraduate or recently graduated (maximum of 5 years after bachelor degree, master’s degree, Ph.D. or Post Doc) will be accepted in the program. At least one of the degrees must have been taken in Economics. Registration is currently closed.